Office Visit Information
You can prepare for your visit to the pediatrician to make it productive and quick.
We recommend the following steps:
- Schedule an Appointment You Can Keep Most pediatricians at Kids Healthcare serve Las Vegas, as well as, other Nevada communities. We ask that you place a priority on keeping your appointment. Contact us as soon as you know that you cannot keep your appointment.
- Talk to Your Health Insurance Provider Your health insurance provider can tell you your coverage and what specialist visits are authorized. Questions such as: Is Kids Healthcare in my provider network? What is my co-pay? What if I'm seeing a specialist? Do you require a referral for a specialist? and Which lab services provider should I use? are important.
- Know Your Pharmacy Knowing the pharmacy you use to make prescriptions easier. Have the phone and fax number of your pharmacy at your appointment.
- Know your family history While it isn't always possible to know detailed medical histories of your child's grandparents and parents, it is valuable information for your child's pediatrician.
- Arrive Early Come 30 minutes early to your appointment. If your appointment is at 1 p.m., arrive at the clinic at 12:30 p.m. There is always paperwork to fill out. We plan to see your child at the appointment time. Call the clinic if you are running late for your appointment.
- Have Questions Be ready to ask questions regarding your child's health. Bring a notepad and pen with you to the appointment. If you aren't satisfied with your answers, see the clinic staff before you leave on where to find additional information.
- Notify Us 24 hours in Advanced Notify Kids Healthcare if you cannot keep your appointment 24 hours beforehand. A $20 fee may be charged to you if an appointment is not cancelled in time (Medicaid patients exempt).